Sustainability is the enabler of our business strategy.
It is integrated into our core business and is in line with our credo, ‘Reinvent Spaces. Enhance Life’.
To us, sustainability means safeguarding our future viability and, as part of corporate strategy,
is integrated into everyday procedures.
To embed the principles of sustainability into our business operations
which allows us to 'Reinvent Spaces, Enhance Life;
We aim to make a significant, long-term contribution to the environmental, social and economic aspects
of our business and of the communities in which work, by:
- Providing a safe, healthy, professional and empowering workplace for our employees so that they can continuously perform in an effective, efficient and consistent manner;
- Placing integrity first and foremost in everything that we do;
- Ensuring healthy, safe and environmental-friendly spaces for communities to thrive by working with our stakeholders to gain feedback and subsequently develop improved action plans;
- Providing an enhanced customer experience, putting customers at the centre of everything we do;
- Operating a strong governance structure, emphasising on ethics and transparency;
- Delivering on products and services that are innovative and of high quality and excellence, by continuously engaging with our customers and keeping up with market trends and strategies;
- Complying with all relevant legal requirements, assessing the environmental impacts of our operations, continuously seeking to reduce their impacts and improving our resource efficiency by reducing energy,
water and waste.
As part of Mah Sing’s corporate strategy, sustainability is firmly established at Board level. Meanwhile, sustainability management comes under the purview of the Sustainability Committee, comprising representatives from all business units. It is headed by Datuk Ho Hon Sang who oversees the Group’s continued commitment in the areas of environment, social and governance (ESG). The committee updates the Board on the Group’s sustainability management performance, key material issues identified by stakeholders and planned follow-up measures. The following governance structure has been introduced for the effective monitoring and execution of sustainability initiatives in the organisation.